Monday, June 02, 2008

yay! actual pictures!

So, I took pictures of something! Mostly just works in progress, but it's something! So here's a stack of the fabric that I'm cutting up to make a quilt with. It's the Drawing Room fabric I think I mentioned in the last post:

'

Here's a picture of the sketch for the quilt:



Here's the other WIP:




It's from the Robotboy pattern from WeeWonderfuls. It's a shop sample for work. He's turning out very cute! My friend Amy is working on the big footed bunny for a shop sample too.... you can see hers here.
We got some new thread in today - Razzle from Wonderfil threads. It's a heavyweight rayon thread. So I decided to make a sample using this sashiko pattern from Alder Spring Designs. It will probably end up being a shop sample too, as we've ordered a bunch of her patterns. It's turning out really well so far. I'm using a bright blue thread on lime green fairy frost, not quite your usual sashiko colors, but will be totally me.

2 comments:

SewAmy said...

Robot Boy is turning out so cute. Now we need to get Kristal to post a pic of the Robot. I just need to finish bunny's tail and pants.

Vicki W said...

I missed that you were back to blogging again! I'll keep up better now - I promise. Love the quilt design.