Thursday, May 01, 2008

I'm back!


Okay, so it's really been awhile. Life has been totally crazy. But I was inspired to post, so here we go!
Lately my poor purse has been showing a little wear and tear, so I decided to make a new one. I used the bag pattern from the book Simple Sewing by Lotta Jansdotter. I had to adapt it a little bit, as I wanted to use quilting weight cotton, not home dec weight. I love the sideways pocket on the front, which is perfect for my sketchbooks, and it's even got a spot for my water bottle!

This weekend I'm going with my dad to the art teachers retreat in the middle of nowhere, VA. In other words, Middlesex county(no offense intended to anyone, I'm just used to people). I'm hoping to come back with a two new pairs of capris, two new skirts, a finished present for my sister, a skirt for my niece, and some work done on Kristal's housewarming gift. I know that probably won't all happen, but its worth hoping for. Over the next little while I'm going to try and update some of my links list. I've recently discovered google reader, which makes reading 85 blogs easier. So, I will pick a select few for your viewing pleasure.
I just finished the semester, so hopefully I will have more time to work on art and such, although I'm not sure that will happen.
To hold you over until next time, here is a picture of the quilt that some friends and I recently completed for another friend with cancer:

2 comments:

SewAmy said...

Hey Phoebe, I am happy your back. I can't wait to read your blog.

amy

Joyce said...

I keep wanting to get back to blogging, too, but I want to blog about my "creative work" and since I don't do any, there's not much to blog about. Except your rotten brother, and I'm feeling a little bit over that. ;-)