Saturday, June 24, 2006

don't stop me now.....

[[[I'm a shooting star leaping through the sky
Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity
I'm a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva
I'm gonna go go go there's no stopping me
I'm burning through the sky yeah
Two hundred degrees that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit
I'm travelling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic man out of you]]]


That song always makes me vaguely sad. They played it in Love Actually during a funeral scene, so I think that's why. It always reminds me of how fragile life is. But I really do love it.........

I went to Barne's and Noble and bought the newest issue of Somerset Studio. I'm reading it very slowly, savoring it. I also bought a small guide to flowers that cost me 4 bucks. I'm going to use that for an art project. Unfortunately they didn't have a copy of my friend Margaret's new book Duchess of Aquitaine.

I also found this really cool website: fetopia. They make these really cute beads that are shapped like fetuses, sorta, but with their own little personalities. They're made out of clay. They're so cute!!!!!!

We got Karen Eckmeier to come teach 3 classes at the shop. Before they were announced to the general public, they were already full. Now we're considering adding more dates on. I'm in her happy villages workshop! It's the one that was on the cover of the most recent Quilting Arts magazine.

According to the World Health Organization, there are approzimately 100 million acts of sexual intercourse everyday. Interesting, eh?

So now I'm sitting here listening to music (currently Coconut by Harry Nilsson) and listening to it thunder on and off.............

No comments: