Wednesday, January 07, 2009

more stuff!!!!

So, I haven't done anymore work on the quilt, but I've been working on a lot of other fun stuff. I've been at work a lot for the last few days, so all I've done is work on small projects. Here's a picture of the newest shop sample I've been working on. It's from one of the Valori Wells Sewing Cards called Project Bags. They are so quick and easy (and cheap! Each sewing card costs $3, I think) - I will definitely be making one for a birthday present this week. For the small and medium size bags, she calls for 3/8 of a yard of two fabrics. I discovered that I could get two different small size bags from 3/8 of a yard, so I decided to make two of the small one out of the blue and brown fabric, which is from House by Annette Tatum for Free Spirit Fabric. The brown one with the elephants is the large size which takes 1/2 yard of each fabric, and is Ellie Fun by Karen Neuberger for Quilting Treasures.



Here's a closeup of the blue and brown bags. They don't have the drawstings yet because I didn't buy enough. I'm using twill tape. On the elephant one I ran a line of green stitches down the middle of it, which adds a little pop.



This is some little embroidery that I started the other night. I left the ruler in the picture to give you an idea of the size. Obviously it's not done, but I wanted to show you what else I've been working on. I've suddenly gotten the urge to do small embroideries of cute characters - I've already got another one that's all marked.

'

Alright, I've got to run these bags to work and then drive to Dulles to pick up Kristal and John. Their plane is already 70 minutes late! Which means that I get to drive through Washington at rush hour - Woo Hoo!!!!


PS - The car is fixed, and it didn't cost me to amazingly much; and the car accident thing is being dealt with in the best way I could come up with.

1 comment:

SewAmy said...

how is your embroidery coming along? have you had time to work on it again?