Monday, April 11, 2005

Quilt blocks, scarves and doodahs

I'm currently working on some nine patches for quilts for a friend's three sons. They're going through a family crisis, and my friend thought it would be nice if the boys could have quilts. So, the yahoo group I am on is making blocks to make each little boy a quilt. I've only got one done so far, but I'll post the other two later.
This one is Garradyn's. He's five:


I also just finished a scarf:

I don't know what I'm going to do with it. Maybe I'll sell it. Its about 3 inches wide, and 54 inches long(it's folded in half here).

We also ordered some Doodahs from Studio Pashnada. They have some really cool stuff, besides the doodahs, so everyone should check it out. They are really nice people, and ship things very fast. Their prices are great.
Here's a slightly bad picture of them:

I think I might use them on clothes or purses, or maybe even some jewelry. They aren't all mine, some of them are mom's.

*edit@11:30 4/12/05*
This one is Gowan's. He's six:


*edit@5:35 4/12/05*
This one is for Collin. He's 9(almost 10):


*edit@1:32 4/13/05*
This one is for my friend. We are going to be making a throw/lap quilt for her:

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Your scarf is *much* prettier in person! And the block looks great! Did you sew it on the machine? Oh, I guess that's why the cover's off the machine, huh? Duh! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I WANT YOU SCARF!!!!!! It gets cold here in Iceland sometimes, and it would look so CUTE wrapped around MY NECK!! the 9 patches are cute, but I LOVE what you are starting to do with your own block. I loce blues, and also what you are doing with the textures. Keep it up.