Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Leaves, Jewelry, and Weaving

Here's a small quilt that I'm working on:



It's made with a hand-dyed charm square I bought from my mom, some hand dyed cheese cloth, some angelina fibers and some hand dyed trim. It's hard to get a good picture, because the angelina reflects everything.
I also finished some earrings and a bracelet a while ago, and I have no clue what to do with them. The bracelet is for me, I know that. They aren't perfect, but they look okay. They are made with glass beads, silver wire and silver plated hooks. All the wire swirls and such, I did by hand with plyers(no jig).






I just took this off the loom. The Warp threads were messed up. Whoever set up the thing did a horrible job. The tension was totally messed up. This was my first piece on my mini-loom that mom's friend Vicki gave me. Its about two inches wide. I did every bit except for the white and red stripes in the far upper right corner. There are close-ups farther down.






I got a scathingly brilliant idea last night around midnight for a poetry altered book sorta thing. I've just gotta figure it all out. I need to start drawing my ideas out, or at least writing them down.....Enjoy!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!
-Molly
(I have a blog on here too, breadnbuttermassacre, but I can't remember the password to log in, haha)

Joyce said...

I am way totally impressed! You do better pictures than I do. Well, some of them are, anyway. But the angelina just doesn't photograph well. I know that fern-y quilt is much prettier in person.

Anonymous said...

Phoebes: I really like the ferny/leafy one! Good job.

Penny

Anonymous said...

Phoebe - This is wonderful! You and your mom, both, have such great stuff to share! I'm so impressed with your jewelry and beadwork! You go, girl! :-) The leaf image is great - I can just picture it (even though angelina fibres are difficult). :-)
Hugs, your mom's pal, Susan

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Cool stuff, love the jewelry and fuzzy scarf, looks like a very pettable pet. The shiny leafy fern is great, I love how you used all those different greens together.

Deb R said...

Oh man, I LOVE the jewelry! I'm amazed that you did that without a jig!! Beautiful!!