Monday, July 11, 2011

Finished.

I finally finished a few things! Don't be deceived, however, I was was just using it as a technique to procrastinate on the Apple Cores quilt.
First is this table runner. It's the Goose in the Pond pattern from Piecing the Piece 'O Cake Way by Becky Goldsmith & Linda Jenkins. The original quilt is much bigger.... 57" x 73", which is closer to a lap size. I'm teaching this as a class, so we wanted it to be a slightly more manageable project. That being said, this is still a pretty big table runner.



Next up is just a fun little zippered pouch from Terri Atkinson's Cash & Carry pattern. I just taught this as a class at Quilting Adventures, and needed a demo piece. I adapted the pattern slightly to give it 5 strips instead of three, and it's made from the fabric that is the inspiration for our wedding colors!



I'm mostly caught up on samples for the shop. I REALLY need to finish a Storm at Sea and the Apple Cores by Friday morning, but I'm fully aware that it isn't going to happen, and have made peace with it. I've also got a Seashore Sundress by Oliver + S to make, but we decided to not do it as a class, so it's not quite as urgent. I've also almost finished my bowties quilt from the pattern Fit to be Tied by Karie Patch Designs. Again, I'm teaching this one as a class, but didn't buy enough for borders, so it only has three borders right now.

Since I'm almost done with all that stuff (no, I really am!) I've been daydreaming about what's next. The Russian Rubix quilt by Prairie Grass Patterns has made it to the top of the list!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow! The goose in the pond looks terrific! And I haven't even picked out the fabric for my Ohio star yet....

April R said...

I would LOVE to see your Rubix when it is done!
xoxo
April